Team Cleary Cyclers’ Raffle Benefits Pelotonia
That’s right ~ George has purchased a new Trek EBike for our 2021 Pelotonia fundraiser. The XM700+ model is equipped with a Bosch Performance Speed motor, a Bosch Intuvia Performance controller and Bontrager SPA integrated front suspension. Not sure what an EBike is? Stop by our office to check it out and even take it out for a quick spin…..super fun!
Buy your raffle tickets today! 1 for $20 or 3 for $50 are available from any Team Cleary Cyclers member, online via Venmo to @George-Cleary-3 or by mailing a check to George Cleary 989 Old Henderson Rd Columbus OH 43220 with “Raffle” in the memo line. Drawing to be held at 1pm on Saturday, August 28, 2021 during the 2nd annual “Riding for Chipper” event.
- 1st prize: Trek EBike value $3500
- 2nd prize: Trek helmet $150 value
- 3rd prize: Pelotonia Jersey $80 value
2nd Annual “Riding for Chipper” Ride – Run – Walk
Join Team Cleary Cyclers on Saturday, August 28th for the kids fun run/walk, 5k run/ride, 10-mile ride, 20-mile ride or 40-mile ride that will start and end at 989 Old Henderson Road Columbus OH 43220. Afterward, we’ll gather, smoke meats, eat and have fun!
Event Start times:
- 9:00 AM for 40 mile bike ride
- 10:00 AM for 20 mile bike ride
- 10:30 AM for 10 mile bike ride
- 10:45 AM for 5K run/walk
- 11:30 AM for kids fun run/walk
- 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Lunch & Beverages served
Please RSVP via Evite by Wednesday August 25th!
Want to join our Peloton – Team Cleary Cyclers?
4 Ways You Can Contribute to Cancer Research
- Ride – Register for Pelotonia’s signature Ride Weekend, an annual 3-day event focused around cycling, volunteerism, and entertainment. Routes range from 20 to 200 miles so there’s a ride to fit all levels. Register to ride with Team Cleary Cyclers!
- Donate – Give to a Participant or Peloton or create a fundraising campaign in honor of a loved one. 100% of participant funds raised go to cancer research. Give Today to Team Cleary Cyclers and now thru August 28th your donation will be matched!
- Participate Virtually – Join the Greatest Team Ever anytime, anywhere by registering as a Pelotonia Challenger. Create your own activities and fundraising goals to raise money for cancer research. Pursue your own challenge. Get Started!
- Volunteer – Opportunities are available for both individuals and groups all year long. Check out FAQ page!
Team Cleary Cyclers Peloton was established in 2020 by George to honor his brother-in-law, Chip Greenlee, who is the reason he started riding 12 years ago. Click here to read George’s “Why I Ride” Pelotonia journey. In August 2020, Team Cleary Cyclers held a family-friendly Ride-Run-Walk fundraising event. Their peloton raised over $24,000 last year and since 2008 George has personally raised almost $37,000 for cancer research!
More About Pelotonia
Founded in 2008, Pelotonia was established with the objective to fund innovative cancer research. Pelotonia is a three-day experience that includes a weekend of cycling, entertainment, and volunteerism. Through its first twelve rides, Pelotonia raised more than $217 million for cancer research. Thanks to its generous funding partners, Pelotonia is able to direct 100 percent of every participant-raised dollar to cancer research at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
George is so excited that Pelotonia is back live with an in-person ride weekend in 2021! He invites you to join The Ride along with hundreds of riders and volunteers from August 6th thru August 8th.