In residential remodeling the Project Manager (PM) is a critically important position. Once construction begins at a client’s home, the Project Manager serves as the main contact on the jobsite.
Behind the scenes the PM also supervises the financial aspects of the project. They must orchestrate the on-site personnel, Trade Partners and product deliveries needed to complete the build. A successful PM has strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills as well a good understanding of construction.
No project ever goes off without a hitch. There is an enormous amount of complexity and difficulty in most remodeling projects. It takes a person with the ability to remain flexible and a mind for strategic planning to keep up with the demands of a large-scale remodeling project. It has been said that a PM needs to be able to see the future! Someone knowing the potential problems that a project may encounter is enormously helpful as one plans out the schedule of any given project.
During the construction phase, the PM also communicates regularly with a job’s assigned Project Developer and Design Consultant who has collaborated with the client to create the design plan and scope of work for their project. In fact, our PMs are involved in the development of their projects too. They will meet and consult with the Development team during a project’s design and estimation phase. This allows the person in charge of building the project to have input on important details in regard to the scope of work and the budget.
What Does it Take to be a Project Manager?
The ideal candidate for a Project Manager position at The Cleary Company Remodel-Design-Build in Columbus, Ohio has honed their interpersonal skills and is naturally inclined to share information with the team around them.
Extensive construction knowledge is not necessarily the linchpin of success in this position. Organization, communication, and scheduling are what make a successful PM. Knowledge of the construction process is essential, but many of our Lead Carpenters hold much of the technical knowledge needed on a residential remodeling job site. That allows the Project Manager to focus on the bigger picture of moving the project through the phases of construction, keeping the project on time and on budget.
Are You Looking for a Career in Remodeling?
- Team Culture at The Cleary Company. A positive work environment with a supportive team of industry experts. Owner George Cleary creates an environment where employees are valued and their work experience is fun!
- Benefits available at The Cleary Company. Starting with a generous allotment of vacation time and a competitive compensation package.
- Project performance bonus
- Profit sharing and annual bonus
- Develop your career at The Cleary Company. A job classification structure that helps you understand how to make advancements in your career on our Team. Opportunities for internal and external continuing education through NARI and other industry affiliations.
Interested in learning more about the job opportunities in residential remodeling at The Cleary Company? Visit the Careers page on our website!