Any innovative design takes advantage of current style trends and although our Team is always on the lookout for what’s new we also try to stay true to classic design principles. Cement, ceramic or porcelain tiles are not only functional elements of your home remodel but can also add color, texture and personality. A hallmark of any good design is balance between function, form & character.
When selecting tile during your home remodel, whether it’s for flooring, backsplash or fireplace, our Design Team at The Cleary Company Remodel-Design-Build in Columbus, Ohio will collaborate with you to find just the right product.
Tile Trends for 2022
Artful tile designs can create beautiful configurations by mixing colors, textures, patterns, sizes, and shapes. Cleary Design Consultants Shannon Tannehill & Margot Sheehan recently returned from KBIS, the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show in Orlando, Florida. They spent several days taking in all of the new product offerings from plumbing and cabinets to countertops and appliances as well as tile.
Below is a list of the refined trends they found for tile in kitchens, baths and laundry rooms!
- Bringing nature into your home with hues found outside your window and lifelike features such as stone, wood grain textures and concrete all bring the look and feel of natural design to your remodeled spaces. Unexpected shapes for tile likes leaves, waves, feathers, or ribbons can also create a stunning look.
- Using geometric shapes and placing them in interesting patterns makes a layout unique. Examples from Art-Deco designs include triangles, diamonds, chevrons and ellipses. Traditional classic examples include penny tiles, hexagons and arabesques.
- Mosaics are small pieces of tile that are held together in a sheet. They can come in many different shapes, sizes and be made out of glass, metal, stone, real pebbles, porcelain and more. Some designs create a specific pattern and others can be more random. Our Design Team likes using them for pops of color to add interest!
- Prints and patterns used in tile designs and how they are installed have truly endless options and can establish whatever look you desire. Mixing and matching from different types is tricky but our Team’s extensive experience ensures excellence in the design and the installation.
How does tile impact the design?
Tile can take an area from boring to beautiful with some careful planning. A laundry room or bathroom floor with a pop of whimsy, a backsplash with some bling, or a bathroom shower wall that takes you outdoors, all can have a place in your design plan.
The words that come to mind when we think of tile design for this year and beyond include serenity, pattern, nature, textures, color, and glamour.
- Choose a different finish on the tile to impact the result of the design. Glossy or matte finishes create visual cues, as well as changing the design aesthetic.
- Let your personality shine by transforming the way a room looks and feels with tile. Using different lay-outs, textures, and color, all help make the space unique.
- Contrast the grout color for even more flair or keep it neutral so that it doesn’t stand out—options abound.
- Keep it simple for the look you want or go bold and unexpected for more flair.
- Use tile in a room to revamp a space, create drama, or just elevate the look.
- As more of us are working from home, why not add tile to a feature wall in the office or just in a space behind or in front of your workstation? Think how that will change the boring background of your Zoom calls!
Where to buy your ceramic or porcelain tile in Columbus Ohio?
With over 27 years of remodeling in Columbus, Ohio our Team has developed relationships with the finest suppliers in our area. Our experienced Design Team knows where to find perfect tile for every project. Although we have displays and samples in our design studio from all of the following they do have their own showrooms.
Our favorite go-to tile studio! When we visit their showroom with our clients, it’s just like going into a candy store. There are so many options to fit every style and taste. They are a distributor of many different tile brands from across the US and around the world. We appreciate the wisdom, guidance, time, and care their dedicated tile consultants give to us and our clients. Randi Garris, HP Merchandising Manager, says sanctuary spaces are a top décor trend, “People want a relaxing, Zen-like vibe. Your home doesn’t just need to look good—it should feel good to be in, too.” We agree!
Emser is the largest privately-held designer and marketer of tile and stone in the US. They import and distribute tiles from all over the world. Their local showroom has a dynamic selection of fashion-forward products and is open to the public.
The MSI goal is to contribute to a world where anyone can afford to create a beautiful space to live, work, and play. Like HP MSI has so much more to offer than tile. Whether you are designing a new home or updating an existing space homeowners can explore and select from a vast range of stunning surface solutions. Their website has some great design tools to aid in making selections. Good news their new showroom is opening in summer of 2022 on the east side of Columbus!
Daltile is the country’s leading manufacturer and distributor of tile. Their claim is they’re the best-selling tile brand in America. Their local sales center and showroom only sells to trade professionals however consumers are allowed to browse all of their tile and stone products.
Whatever you plan on renovating, our Design Team can use tile to elevate your project’s plan. Our goal is always to make your dream come to life!
If you want patterns, colors, shapes, and visual interest in your next home remodel, contact us today! We have some great ideas to share with you…