Bathroom Must-Haves to Personalize Your New Space
We remodeled your bathroom—now what? You’ve perused all the magazines, pinned ideas on your Pinterest board, and wandered through Target and IKEA to find accessory ideas. Do you know what you need for your beautifully reimagined bathroom?
Our Design Team has a few ideas for you. Though by no means an exhaustive list, we are here to get you started on the must-haves for your bathroom!
- Fluffy towels are a must. Choose ones that either complement or contrast with the bathroom. If your color palette is neutral, a bold-colored towel might be just the pop you need. Check out these Simply Vera Turkish cotton towels from Kohls!
- Matching coordinated bottles to hold soap, shampoo, and conditioner. Amazon has some great stylish options. Just transfer your products!
- Baskets and decorative boxes can play a part in the aesthetic of the bathroom as well as keep your new space organized. A little can go a long way, so don’t overcrowd the room with too many items. Check out Wayfair.com!
- A pretty tray used on the counter corrals items you want in easy reach. Like these from the Container Store!
- Don’t forget the floor—a small washable rug in front of the sink provides color and keeps the feet warmer too. Rugs USA has great tips on choosing the right rug for your space.
- Add plants! Choose plants that work well with natural lighting. Succulents and low-maintenance plants are best. Check out Greendigs online or locally on Grandview Ave! And don’t worry if you don’t have a green thumb, opt for faux plants. There are some realistic options out there.
- Add some seating for those pedicures or hair styling moments—a stool, ottoman, or chair works well. Visit Pier 1 online for fashionable options!
- Don’t forget some artwork! Our Team recommends HomeGoods‘ wide selection.
Keep Your Bathroom Looking New – Cleaning Tips
It is beautiful now, right? It’s dreamy, organized, and should have its picture taken for Instagram. But life does interfere every day in a bathroom, so here are a few tips to keep it looking sparkly and new!
- Put items back where they belong before you leave the bathroom. If you have littles (or kids of any age), labeling bins and baskets might be useful.
- If you have glass shower walls, keep a squeegee in the shower and use it after each shower.
- Rinse and wipe the sink morning and night. Keep a reusable or microfiber towel that can just be rinsed out to dry to speed up the process. Multi-purpose wipes work as well.
- Keep needed cleaning supplies in the bathroom so quick cleanups don’t require leaving the bathroom to get the supplies.
- Clean the toilet several times a week to keep it from getting dirty. A little baking soda and a toilet brush are all you need for quick clean-ups.
The Remodel-Design-Build Team at The Cleary Company Columbus, OH loves designing and remodeling bathrooms. If your bathroom needs a refresh, contact us today!