Bathroom Must-Haves to Personalize Your New Space
We remodeled your bathroom—now what? You’ve perused all the magazines, pinned ideas on your Pinterest board, and wandered through Target and Bed Bath & Beyond to find design ideas. Do you know what you need for your beautifully reimagined bathroom?
Our Design Team has a few ideas for you. Though by no means an exhaustive list, we are here to get you started on the must-haves for your bathroom!
- Fluffy towels are a must. Choose ones that either complement or contrast with the bathroom. If your color palette is neutral, a bold-colored towel might be just the pop you need.
- Matching coordinated bottles to hold soap, shampoo, and conditioner. Just transfer your products! (Bonus-you can use refillable options instead of buying more plastic bottles at the store.)
- Baskets and decorative boxes can play a part in the aesthetic of the bathroom as well as keep your new space organized. A little can go a long way, so don’t overcrowd the room with too many items.
- A pretty tray used on the counter corrals items you want in easy reach.
- Don’t forget the floor—a small rug in front of the sink (one that’s washable) provides color and keeps the feet warmer too.
- Add plants! Choose plants that work well with natural lighting. Succulents and low-maintenance plants are best. If you don’t have a green thumb, opt for faux plants. There are some realistic options out there.
- Add some seating for those pedicures or hair styling moments—a stool, ottoman, or chair works well.
- Don’t forget some artwork!
Keep Your Bathroom Looking New – Cleaning Tips
It is beautiful now, right? It’s dreamy, organized, and should have its picture taken for Instagram. But life does interfere every day in a bathroom, so here are a few tips to keep it looking sparkly and new!
- Put items back where they belong before you leave the bathroom. If you have littles (or kids of any age), labeling bins and baskets might be useful.
- If you have glass shower walls, keep a squeegee in the shower and use it after each shower.
- Rinse and wipe the sink morning and night. Keep a reusable or microfiber towel that can just be rinsed out to dry to speed up the process. Multi-purpose wipes work as well.
- Keep needed cleaning supplies in the bathroom so quick cleanups don’t require leaving the bathroom to get the supplies.
- Clean the toilet several times a week to keep it from getting dirty. A little baking soda and a toilet brush are all you need for quick clean-ups.
The Design-Remodel-Build Team at The Cleary Company Columbus, OH loves designing and remodeling bathrooms. If your bathroom needs a refresh, contact us today!