Making the Most of Your Next Call to a Remodeling Contractor
You’ve made the decision to remodel your home, so you just call a contractor and get started…right? Not the best approach to find the right remodeler for you and your home. It is important for you to determine your goals and to do at least 3 things before making any phone calls.
1. Research– Know what companies are working in your area. Drive around your neighborhood. Whose signs do you see in your neighbors’ yards? Check out their websites and other social media profiles.
2. Budget– Know what you can spend. You can easily find average project costs for Central Ohio by reviewing the Remodeling 2018 Cost vs Value Report. If you’re financing your home remodel discuss your options with your banker or check out these key local resources.
3. Timeline– Know when you want construction to start and/or be completed. Think about your family’s schedule, vacations or other lifestyle changes that could affect your project’s schedule.
The Cleary Company Remodel Design Build Columbus OH has extensive experience and the best team to help you with your home remodeling, but it’s important that you do your homework so that you have your questions and answers ready for our Team when we talk.
So, before you contact a contractor and invite them into your home, do your own research. Ask around (find out who your family and friends have used), read reviews and testimonials, and check out each company’s certifications, licenses and affiliations. It’s important to get a feel for each company’s values, reputation and connection to the community before you call so that you find someone that you will be able to work with successfully.
Having your answers ready for the following questions before you call will also help our team in getting to know you and your home’s needs. The more we know upfront, the better we can streamline the process and start your renovation project! We don’t want to waste your time, so this information helps us all determine whether there is a good fit before diving too far in.
• How long do you see yourself living in the home?
• Have you ever worked with a remodeling company before?
• When do you ideally want the project to start? OR Is there a target date for completion?
• What type of project do you need or want? (one room, multiple rooms, addition, exterior work or handyman type work)
• What is your vision for the project? Give us all of your thoughts and ideas.
• How long have you been planning this project?
• What is your projected budget?
• What are you looking for in a contractor?
Working with The Cleary Company Remodel Design Build Columbus OH means you’re working with a TEAM and a reputable remodeling professional. Our experience will make your next remodeling project seamless, organized, and exactly what you wanted, if not more! Do your homework, make inquiries, and know the answers to as many of these questions as you can.
Once we’ve both decided there is a good fit and you have chosen to work with our Team, we’ll work together to design a remodeling plan that will put your mind at ease. Together, we can make your remodeling dream a reality!
Watch this video and hear our clients describe their relationship with The Cleary Company.