How a Remodel can create more joy in your home.
Americans spent $420 billion in 2020 on remodeling their homes! Homeowners choose to remodel for many reasons. Do you need more space or better function in your home? You may be looking to remodel your existing spaces or create more space with an addition. Our Remodel-Design-Build Team at The Cleary Company in Columbus, Ohio is ready to collaborate on your next project.
The National Association of Realtors® (NAR) & National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) partnered to produce the 2022 Remodeling Impact Report. Over the past few months, we have been sharing parts of this report, specifically certain remodeling projects and their impact on homeowners. To complete this series, we have summarized the information to give you the whole picture of this report. Read the full report here.
Takeaways from the Report – What Happens After You Remodel:
- Many of the projects, although completed during the pandemic, indicated that 83% of homeowners stated they would have remodeled regardless.
- Top 3 reported reasons for a remodel?
- Upgrade worn-out surfaces, finishes, and materials. (30%)
- Add features and improve livability. (20%)
- Increase functionality. (16 %)
- 86% reported that remodeling one area made them want to remodel other areas in their homes.
- 57% would do the project the same way but 35% stated they would make some different choices.
- 84% have a greater desire to be in their homes since the remodel.
- 57% feel increased happiness.
- Most feel a major sense of accomplishment when they think of their project.
The report utilizes a Joy score for each project based on the happiness it provided the homeowner after completion. The scores are not necessarily informed by the cost recovery (ROI) for a project but by how much the project has improved the way they live in their home. A typical score is 9.6 but many projects scored a perfect 10!
- Painting the entire interior or just one room
- Adding a new home office
- Refinishing or installing new wood flooring
- Closet renovation or adding more storage
- Converting an unfinished attic into living space
Read this blog post to check out 3 attic spaces our Team converted into full bathrooms!
Do you want a new love of your home, increased satisfaction, a positive change to how your family functions in your home, stay in your community, and a feeling of accomplishment? Then it is time for you to remodel and The Cleary Company Remodel-Design-Build Team is ready to provide you with a plan to achieve your goals for your home!
Contact us to get started ~ Call 614-459-4000 or visit our website today to schedule a phone call with our Client Relations Coordinator.