We’re looking for a carpenter who takes great pride in their work to join our growing and fun team! bath2BATH, a division of The Cleary Company, is seeking a responsible Bathroom Carpenter out of its Columbus, Ohio, location.
A bath2bath carpenter takes direction from a Production Manager or Project Manager as well as the owner on occasion. They should possess basic carpentry skills and perform work in a safe manner and follow company policies and procedures. Carpenters will perform carpentry under direct supervision of an authorized company team member and should have the ability to cultivate and foster a positive and respectful relationship with clients, trade partners and other company members.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Familiarity with demolition and protection practices
- Ability to read and interpret construction documentation
- Familiarity with basic framing (pony walls, furring, blocking, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic plumbing and electrical (installing faucets, replacing switches, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic code and measurements in bathrooms (shower head height, light switch height, etc.)
- Familiarity with flooring install, vanities, basic trim, and finish accessories
- Familiarization with desktop computers, and Smartphones for use with BuilderTrend, email and texting for communication
- Praise team members for a job well done, and accept and suggest improvements when needed
- Carry out demo, carpentry labor, material handling and job site cleanup as assigned by the Project Manager. Questions or concerns should be brought to the attention of the Project Manager, Production Manager or Owner respectively
- Self-motivated to improve carpentry skills and gain greater understanding of basic construction techniques. Performs to the best of their ability; follows directions well.
- Maintains a safe and clean job site
- Respects client’s property. Protects furniture/belongings from construction materials, debris, etc.
- Understands and complies with all company policies
- Understands and complies with all safety guidelines
- Maintains excellent company image; demonstrates integrity
- Maintains positive relationships with clients, team members and other work contacts
- Attends company meetings and company functions as requested
- Assists with other duties around the shop which might include, but are not limited to, facility maintenance, vehicle maintenance, grounds keeping, etc.
- Demonstrates allegiance to company; respects supervisors
- Miscellaneous other duties as required
OTHER KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Good communication skills
- Curiosity and a self-motivated learner
- Neat appearance, as detailed in the Employee Manual
- Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis, including lifting 100 pounds in safe manner
- Current Ohio driver’s license
- Other duties as assigned
The bath2BATH Bathroom Carpenter’s daytime work hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. with one half hour unpaid lunch, a 15-minute break in the morning and a 15-minute break in the afternoon. Pay is bi-weekly.
Basic hand tools such as a hammer, tape measure, speed square, toolbelt, coping saw, drywall keyhole saw, etc. A set of power tools is required, but more substantial tools (miter saw, table saw, etc.) are provided by the company.
START A CONVERSATION
Are you interested in learning more about this position or applying? Please contact [email protected] to apply or ask questions. We can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about bath2BATH
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Bath2BATH and The Cleary Company