Are you ready to work with the best remodeling team in town? bath2BATH, a division of The Cleary Company, is seeking a responsible Bathroom Carpenter out of its Columbus, Ohio, location. This is a client-facing position, and the right candidate will enjoy cultivating and fostering positive and respectful relationships with our great clients, trade partners and other company team members during each project.
At bath2BATH, the Bathroom Carpenter is responsible for managing a remodel from start to finish, including scheduling and ordering materials. The carpenter should possess expanded knowledge of bathroom remodel skills and perform work in a safe manner while following all company policies and procedures. Carpenters perform all duties of a basic bathroom remodel while reporting progress and any issues that arise to the bath2BATH Director as needed.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Demolition and protection
- Layout and build framing per plans
- Install and build basic trim packages including door casing, baseboard and shoe molding
- Basic carpentry skills, experience with installation of vanities preferred
- Ability to hang and finish drywall
- Ability to paint walls, ceiling and trim to a high-standard finish
- Familiarization with installation of plumbing fixtures such as toilets, sinks and faucets
- Familiarization with installation of bath fans
- Familiarization with basic electrical wiring practices and ability to install lighting fixtures
- Experience with LVT flooring installation
- Familiarization with desktop computers and Smartphones for use with BuilderTrend, and with email and texting for communications
- Praise team members for a job well done, and accept and suggest improvements when needed
- Carry out demo, remodel labor, material handling and job site cleanup as needed
- Bring questions or problems to the attention of the bath2Bath Director, Production Manager or Owner, respectively
- Demonstrate desire to improve one’s bathroom remodel skills and gain greater understanding of basic construction techniques
- Perform to the best of one’s ability; follow directions well
- Maintain a safe and clean job site
- Respect each client’s property. Protect each client’s furniture and other belongings from construction materials and debris
- Understand and comply with all company policies
- Understand and comply with all safety guidelines
- Maintain excellent company image and demonstrate integrity
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, other team members, vendors and others involved in each project
- Attend company meetings and company functions as requested
- Assist with other duties around the shop which might include, but are not limited to, facility maintenance, vehicle maintenance, grounds keeping, etc.
- Demonstrate allegiance to company and respect for supervisors
- Conduct miscellaneous other duties as required
OTHER KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Good communication skills, including taking notes and applying them as needed
- Curiosity and a self-motivated learner
- Neat appearance, as detailed in the Employee Manual
- Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis, including lifting 100 pounds in safe manner
- Current Ohio driver’s license
- Personal vehicle capable of transporting basic bathroom remodel tools
- Other duties as assigned
The bath2BATH Bathroom Carpenter’s daytime work hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. with one half hour unpaid lunch, a 15-minute break in the morning and a 15-minute break in the afternoon. Pay is bi-weekly.
Basic hand tools such as hammer, tape measure, screwdrivers and tool belt are required, as are a set of power tools including a miter saw. bath2BATH will provide specialty tools as needed.
START A CONVERSATION
Are you interested in learning more about this position or applying? Please contact [email protected] to apply or ask questions. We can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about bath2BATH
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Bath2BATH and The Cleary Company