Helpful Information for Pricing Your Next Exterior Project
You know the old saying “You never get a second chance to make a first impression” right?
Ask any realtor how this saying translates to the real estate market and their answer will probably be “Curb Appeal!” The importance of a home’s curb appeal in relation to its value is validated in Remodeling Magazine’s annual Cost vs Value report, as four of the top five returns on investment are for projects relating to a home’s exterior.
So, what does it cost to upgrade your home’s curb appeal or remodel the exterior? Calculating the cost of any remodel requires knowing first the general design, scope and size of the project and this is especially true for a home exterior remodel. Do you just want to add new doors or windows to upgrade your curb appeal or do you also want to change the architectural details of your home’s exterior?
To help you get started planning your next home exterior project, the Team at The Cleary Company Remodel Design Build in Columbus, OH has assembled the following project examples and ballpark budget ranges. We also recommend reviewing the Cost vs Value report mentioned above for additional information on building and remodeling costs in Central Ohio.
3 HOME EXTERIOR REMODELS, 3 BUDGETS & SCOPES
UPSCALE – Build an Outdoor Living Space + Major Updates to Home Exterior
Possible Scope of Work & Finishes – ESTIMATED PRICE RANGE: $100k to $250k+
- Build a small addition to increase home’s square footage
- Install new hardscape – patio w/ fireplace or firepit
- Design-Build pergola, gazebo or shelter
- Upgrades to landscaping
- Add new or additional lighting & other electrical
- Replace windows & doors
- Paint all or most of existing stucco & trim
- Add or extend existing gas line for grill
MIDRANGE – Large – Update Several Details of Front and/or Rear Exterior
Possible Scope of Work & Finishes – ESTIMATED PRICE RANGE: $55k to $90k+
- Build new or extend existing front porch
- Replace all or some windows & doors
- Shutters – replace or paint existing or add new
- Walkway – replace or upgrade existing or add all new
- Lighting – Replace existing
- Add architectural dimension with innovative design details
- Siding & Trim – paint or replace existing
- Upgrade landscaping
MIDRANGE – Small – Upgrade Curb Appeal by Adding Architectural Details
Possible Scope of Work & Finishes – ESTIMATED PRICE RANGE: $20k to $65k+
- Design-Build new portico or overhang
- Paint existing or install new shutters
- Paint or replace entry door
- Replace existing lights
- Install new mailbox and/or other accessories
- Install new house numbers
- Update landscaping
Visit our Exteriors photo gallery to view more amazing transformations!
Feeling inspired to upgrade your curb appeal? Our professional Design-Build Team has the experience and creativity to help you realize the potential of your home’s exterior. Contact us today to get started.