One of the biggest changes since the pandemic is the number of people who now are working full or part-time from home, and will be for the foreseeable future. Over the last few years requests for home offices have significantly increased. Whether it’s a private room dedicated to full-time office work, or space carved out in an existing room for parents or kids to work, our Remodel-Design-Build Team at the Cleary Company in Columbus, Ohio is ready to collaborate and create a project plan to fit your lifestyle needs.
We’re continuing to share information from the 2022 Remodeling Impact Report from The National Association of Realtors® (NAR) Research Group and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI). According to this study, Americans spent $420 billion in 2020 remodeling their homes. A home office makes sense for many people, now more than ever.
What the Report tells us about Home Office Remodels
NAR utilizes a Joy score for each project based on happiness. The Joy score for a home office remodel is a 10/10! While we know that we don’t always love having to work, having a home office is still a win-win for many people. 50% of consumers would have undertaken this project, regardless of the pandemic. This really shows that home offices are back, in a big way.
Check out these interesting findings!
- 54% of those polled report better functionality and livability now that they have a home office.
- 55% of people feel a major sense of accomplishment when they think of the project.
- 91% have a greater desire to be home since completing this project. And the commute is great!
To learn more, read the full report here.
Functional, Beautiful, & Livable #ImprovingYourHomeLife
Here are 3 reasons why you need a home office:
- Working remotely is your new normal. A proper office setup is needed so you can work effectively and maintain productivity.
- Dedicated study for continuing education or online classes for all ages. Completing assignments or even just getting paperwork completed where it won’t get lost or have someone’s dinner spilled on it.
- Choosing a healthier work/life balance. A place you do your work but also be able to close the door once you’re done and spend time with your family.
We know home offices, used for both adults and kids, are an important piece of the fabric of many of our lives and will continue to be part of many of our remodeling projects.
Take a look at our favorite home office projects!
Are you ready to create a home office that works for you and your family? Big or small, we will collaborate with you to create a perfect space to fit your lifestyle.
Contact us to get started! Call 614-459-4000 or visit our website to schedule a phone call with our Client Relations Coordinator.