This Late Summer To-Do List Will Help Transition Your Home into Fall
Just because most schools in our area are in session, it doesn’t mean summer is over. August in Ohio is usually hot and muggy so with the late summer heat upon us now is the time to tackle some indoor maintenance items. The following checklist will spruce up these often-neglected spaces and keep the dust to a minimum in your home. These tasks can also save you as much as $100 a year on your electric bill if you do them regularly.
- Replace Air Conditioner Filter. It’s important to replace the air filter on your central heating/cooling system every one to three months to keep the system operating efficiently. The arrows on an air filter indicate the direction of air flow. Click here for a DIY video.
- Check Air Conditioner Drain Lines. You’ll want water to move freely thru the line. Sometimes dust and debris can accumulate near the floor drain so cleaning the drain screen is usually all that is needed.
- Clean Bathroom Vents. Removing dust from the covers will help them run quietly and efficiently.
- Clean Range Hood Filter & Fan. You’ll need hot soapy water for this dirty task. Citrus-based cleaners work well as they help cut through grease build up.
- Clean Refrigerator Coils. Use a vacuum to remove dust from underneath and behind your fridge.
For more seasonal maintenance tasks click here for the Midwest Summer Seasonal Maintenance Guide from HouseLogic.