Have you looked around at your kitchen or bathroom recently thinking, “Something has to change.”? Make this the year you do something about it!
Remodeling your home can make such a big difference in your daily home life. It’s a positive step to take and we are here to help you every step of the way. At The Cleary Company Remodel-Design-Build in Columbus OH, our Designers and Design Consultants listen to your needs and issues with your space and collaborate on a plan that incorporates fixtures and finishes to solve those problems.
In February, four members of our Team attended the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas. Design Consultants Shannon Tannehill & Margot Sheehan came back excited to share with us and their clients all of their favorites.
What trends are they most excited about?
- Wellness — Focus on nature and “me” time to revitalize the mind and relax the body. Products they loved included:
- Natufia Smart Garden, grows 32 plants simultaneously with automatic watering and lighting to allow you to enjoy fresh, flavorful, and nutritious-packed plants anywhere, anytime.
- Kohler bathtubs offer 4 types of bathing features – Soaking, Heated Bubble Massage, Whirlpools, and Vibracoustic. Their signature hydrotherapies create a luxurious spalike experience. Hydrotherapy involves the use of water for soothing an aching body or speeding the recovery of other muscular ailments.
- Smart Home — Innovations that make ordinary experiences in your home more enjoyable. Some of these products included:
- Beko Washing Machine – The Eco Recycled Tub is the first washer made from recycled plastic bottles. It uses 30% less energy and features 60 recycled water bottles used to make the drum of each washer.
- GE Profile Kitchen Hub – An innovative way to have smart home integration. Incorporating U+ connect app and Google Assistant along with a guided cooking app and the ability to stream music, shows and movies.
- Living in Place — This has been at the forefront of design for the last few years. We need cleanable, multi-use spaces that are bigger and more adaptable, to make life easier at all ages. What we loved:
- Appliances – LG Signature Kitchen French Door Refrigerator. It features reduced depth for easy access, LED lighting for clear visibility and the bottom drawers are interchangeable between freezer or refrigerator storage.
- Lighting – A well-lit home is a safer home for all. Natural light plays a huge role in mental and emotional health of all, especially those living alone. Motion sensor lights not only conserve energy but are helpful for moving around your home at night. Toe kick lights on bathroom vanities are also helpful.
What sparked their inspiration at KBIS?
Color, color, color
Colors are a true reflection of our environment, and the impact our health has had on us the past few years. We saw color in appliances, cabinetry, knobs and drawer pulls, paint, tiles, and more. The reigning colors included:
- Green—evoking nature, outdoors, organic feel
- Blue—evoking a feeling of trust
- Pink—suggesting calmness
- Taupes—moving us away from grays and bringing earthiness and serenity
Art can make us feel and react in different ways. Our designers were so intrigued by the artful designs they saw that turned sinks, tubs, shower flooring, shower drains, countertops, tile, lighting, and range hoods into pieces of art for your home.
The options are endless for taking cooking and entertaining outdoors. The days of a grill on a patio have been encompassed by outdoor kitchens complete with refrigerators, waste containers, sinks, cabinets, countertops, and pizza ovens. If you want something from your kitchen outside, it can be done!
KBIS always brings our Team new ideas, excitement and energy! We’re ready to incorporate these new products and ideas into our projects for 2022 and beyond.
Are you ready for a remodel? Our Team is here to help you love your home again. Contact us to get started!
Interested in tile design trends? Read our blog post Tile, Design & Home Remodeling to learn about innovative designs in tile.