As the air turns crisp and leaves change color, your weekends fill with trips to apple orchards and pumpkin patches. Yes, fall has fully arrived in Columbus, OH! It’s time to cozy up your home for the upcoming chilly seasons. Revel in the beauty of this time of year by infusing style, comfort, and warmth into your home. Our Designers are all over these great ideas and you’ll probably see a few of them in our office here at The Cleary Company.
Hopefully, some of these creative ideas will inspire you!
“Welcome Home” Entryways
- Fill your front entryway with fall décor for the ultimate curb appeal. Pumpkins, autumnal wreaths, mums, seasonal doormats, all create that pumpkin spice feel.
- Soft, warm-toned outdoor accent lights create a welcoming glow as nighttime arrives earlier in the day. Now is the time to install solar lighting on your front walkway to create a welcoming ambiance.
- As fall transitions to winter, simply swap out with winter wreaths, holiday décor, a blanket on the chair on your porch, and winter greenery.
Decorate Tables — Set a Place for Guests
- Is your formal dining room seldom used these days? Keep these spaces alive by creating seasonal scenes.
- Use Autumn and winter or holiday placemats, captivating centerpieces, and themed dishes to set the mood for the seasons.
- Want to keep it simple? Seasonal color schemes might be all you need if you want to create an easy, but stylish change to the table.
Cozy Up the Living Spaces
- Nothing says fall like soft, fluffy blankets and pillows on a couch or chair. It just makes you want to snuggle up and read a book, watch TV, or just watch the fire.
- This might be the time to upgrade your fireplace. A new, updated mantel, interesting tiles, or fresh paint will make a big difference. And while you are at it, rearrange the furniture or add some stools and chairs to take advantage of the warmth from the fireplace.
- If your living spaces are wood or tile floors, this is the time to add rugs (even layer them) in these rooms. Adding extra warmth and visual interest will beat the worst of the dreary, cold, days.
- Extra lighting, using floor or table lamps, can add a bit of brightness to a darker area.
- Change out your summer sheers for thicker or heavier drapes. This adds a touch of elegance and keeps out any drafts.
- Damp Ohio falls can be cold! Swap out your regular bedding for soft, warm flannel sheets and layer with an extra blanket.
- As days get shorter and the nights get darker earlier, stringing fairy lights in your bedrooms is welcome ambient glow, is festive and adds a magical touch to any kid’s room.
- Scented candles create a calm and soothing feel to a bathroom. And the options are endless for this time of year. Pumpkin spice, anyone?
- Seasonal-colored plush towels are easy ways to change up and create a cozy oasis.
- Install a towel warmer to ward off the early morning chills.
- If you’re remodeling your bathroom, consider radiant heated floors. You’ll never have another chilly morning in the bathroom.
- Do you want to stay outdoors as long as possible? Now is the time to install a fire pit or fire table on your porch or patio.
- Add comfortable seating and cozy blankets to create the perfect experience.
- Outdoor lighting—string lights, lanterns, sconces, or solar lights all add to the ability to stay out later at night, especially if entertaining.
- Fall and football go hand in hand. Is it time to install an outdoor television to watch sports or a movie with the kids?
Our Remodel-Design-Build Team at The Cleary Company is here to collaborate with you for all your remodeling needs, no matter what season it is!
Have fun sprucing up your home for this upcoming fall and winter. Need inspiration? Visit our portfolio or contact our Client Relations Coordinator today to discuss your remodeling plans. Call 614-459-4000 or visit our website.