Kitchens are the heart of the home and one of the most requested remodeling projects our Remodel-Design-Build Team at The Cleary Company in Columbus, OH completes every year. While the options, designs, and finishes are plentiful, there are some kitchen trends that are enduring and most often desired by our clients.
Design – As far as space planning, the open-concept kitchen floorplans aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. The open floor plan is still the most requested, with sightlines and entertaining at the top of the list.
- While colored cabinets are trending now, the “white” kitchen is timeless and here to stay in the Midwest.
- Create warmth in varying degrees based on timeless color palettes keeping it crisp and clean or light and airy.
- Installing large windows, skylights or glass doors will maximize the natural light and create a bright airy feeling.
Islands – They are an essential part of a functional floorplan for those that enjoy cooking, baking and entertaining. They find their way into most of our clients’ design plans. Although sometimes, adding an island isn’t possible, in which case our Team will collaborate to find additional ways to incorporate additional workspace and storage that functions for their lifestyle and family’s needs.
Double islands have increased in demand over the years and can be incorporated into many open-concept first-floor plans. They give you the luxury of having one island for workspace, sinks, microwaves, and cooktops and another island for additional seating, buffets for entertaining as well as creating extra storage.
Customization – Kitchens can be very detailed and personal to the homeowner. Different materials and finishes can be personalized to an individual’s taste from appliances and cabinets to paint colors and storage. Selections that meet specific daily needs of you and your family’s lifestyle dominate most of the design plans for our clients.
- Mixing finishes and materials adds a more personal touch from countertops and backsplashes to fixtures and cabinets.
- Pantry options that include “working” kitchens or butler’s pantries keep the messes of preparing meals behind closed doors.
- Range hoods that make a statement can be large and bold or minimalistic. Either style can combine materials and finishes to personalize the space.
Fixtures & Finishes – Quartz countertops and other “easy care” materials that resist scratches, stains and burns help busy families keep their homes looking fresh. Wood is down-to-earth and creates a warmth that is difficult to match. Whether using it as an accent or statement piece, it adds texture and is timeless.
Energy-Efficient – Protecting Mother Earth and our natural resources is only gaining more and more attention as climate change dominates the news. The focus will continue to shift to using less energy and water through design-build solutions. Mindful choices like adding reverse water osmosis options cuts down on buying plastic water bottles. Installing dishwashers, sinks and other plumbing that use less water and appliances that use less energy can have a significant impact on our environment. Additionally using sustainable materials are viable and frequently requested by many of our clients.
Whether you want to hop on the newest kitchen trends, have a specific design in mind, or want to be timeless, our Remodel-Design-Build Team is here to collaborate with you to create your vision for your family’s home. For inspiration visit our Kitchens Portfolio on our website.
Contact us here to start the conversation. We’re ready to get started on your kitchen remodeling project!